Join One of the Most Dynamic & Successful Karate Schools in South East Melbourne to Kickstart Your Martial Arts Journey
If you’re looking for a traditional Japanese Karate school with a modern outlook, then Shukokai Karate Dojos can meet all your martial art requirements.
You will receive expert tuition by instructors trained by Japanese Masters. We will work with you to reach your goals. We are an all-inclusive club, so whether you’re looking to instil confidence and discipline in your children, increase your own fitness and strength or just curious to try something new, we’ve got you covered.
Which Martial Arts Program Is Best For You?
We offer karate classes to meet your self-defence and lifestyle goals for you or your child at Shukokai!
- Specially tailored, age specific classes for beginner kids and adults, intermediate and tournament classes
- Access to specific classes such as weapons classes, squad training and leadership training
- Peace of mind knowing our coaches are accredited by the Australian Sports Commission and have Working With Children checks and First Aid qualifications
- The opportunity to travel to Japan and immerse yourself in a karate filled Japanese adventure!
- Shukokai Karate Dojos are affiliated with Karate Victoria, Australian Karate Federation, Shukokai World Union and the World Karate Federation
- We have produced students who have won at State, National and International titles…and you could be one of them
- A family atmosphere where we will help you and your family fulfill your potential
- Bonding time. There is something for the whole family with many training together and building stronger relationships
ENQUIRE NOW >
Awesome Place to learn, Friendly Environment,Very hard working Teachers!!!!
Great karate classes. Awesome Staff. Very clean and well organised.
Thank you Sempai Darryl for great results at the State Titles yesterday.
Easy Access In
Cranbourne, Clyde North, Pakenham and Carrum Downs
8B Universal Way, Cranbourne West Victoria 3977
Selandra Community Hub, 7/9 Selandra Blvd Clyde North
3/ 2-4 Doherty Street,
1/71 Frankston Gardens Drive, Carrum Downs
Frequently Asked Questions
What times are the classes?
Classes run 5 days a week from 4:30pm to 8:45pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 to 12pm on Saturday. We also offer a school holiday program including beach training, parent and child training and games day.
What are your class sizes?
We work to the national ratio which is 1:15. However we usually have two instructors plus junior leaders on the mat to successfully cater to the needs of the students.
Can I chop and change classes if I want to?
Yes, you can change the days you train, but children cannot interchange between classes as they are split into ages.
How much will it cost after the offer expires?
The cost depends on the membership you choose. We offer one class per week, two classes per week and an unlimited training membership. Classes can be from as little as $7 per class on our most popular membership (unlimited training).
Do you offer family discounts?
Yes we do. We offer discounts for 2nd and 3rd family members and the 4th family member trains for free.
Do children have to spar?
Children are not allowed to spar until they get to yellow belt level and have trained for a minimum of 6 months. We take your safety incredibly seriously and students are required to wear full protective gear including headgear, mouth guards, hand mitts, groin guards and girls aged 12 and above will be required to wear chest guards.