Learn How To Defend Yourself, Your Family & Others
In today’s society, indulgence, technology and the media has made people unhealthy, inactive and frightened. It is time to take control of your mind, body and emotions and here at Shukokai Karate, we can help.
Our adult classes are tailored to all ages, levels and ability and we’ll ensure you:
- Learn street smart self-defence in a fun, friendly environment
- Take control of your mind, body and emotions
- Never be a victim, physically or emotionally
- Learn highly effective and powerful self-defence skills
- Develop mental clarity and discipline for healthier mind and outlook
- Will be better equipped to deal with life’s challenges and stress
Adult karate classes utilises latest exercise physiology and cardiovascular conditioning at a pace matched to your fitness level. You will become:
- Fitter as your stamina and endurance increases
- Stronger and more flexible
- Alert to the dangers around you and have the skills to avoid, deescalate or defend
- Balance and coordination as we work through a series of drills and katas
- Perseverance as you face new and tough challenges…and overcome them
- Camaraderie with your fellow students with a shared love of learning and Karate
Awesome Place to learn, Friendly Environment,Very hard working Teachers!!!!
Great karate classes. Awesome Staff. Very clean and well organised.
Thank you Sempai Darryl for great results at the State Titles yesterday.
Easy Access In
Cranbourne, Clyde North, Pakenham and Carrum Downs
8B Universal Way, Cranbourne West Victoria 3977
Selandra Community Hub, 7/9 Selandra Blvd Clyde North
3/ 2-4 Doherty Street,
1/71 Frankston Gardens Drive, Carrum Downs
Frequently Asked Questions
What times are the classes?
Classes run 5 days a week from 4:30pm to 8:45pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 to 12pm on Saturday. We also offer a school holiday program including beach training, parent and child training and games day
What are your class sizes?
We work to the national ratio which is 1:15. However we usually have two instructors plus junior leaders on the mat to successfully cater to the needs of the students.
Can I chop and change classes if I want to?
Yes, you can change the days you train, but children cannot interchange between classes as they are split into ages.
How much will it cost after the offer expires?
The cost depends on the membership you choose. We offer one class per week, two classes per week and an unlimited training membership. Classes can be from as little as $7 per class on our most popular membership (unlimited training).
Do you offer family discounts?
Yes we do. We offer discounts for 2nd and 3rd family members and the 4th family member trains for free
Do children have to spar?
Children are not allowed to spar until they get to yellow belt level and have trained for a minimum of 6 months. We take your safety incredibly seriously and students are required to wear full protective gear including headgear, mouth guards, hand mitts, groin guards and girls aged 12 and above will be required to wear chest guards