We’re A Karate Club, But That’s The Last Thing We Teach
Karate invokes images of the Karate Kid waxing on and waxing off as he encounters tough love from Mr. Miyagi, but it is so much more than that.
Our children’s classes are broken up into Little Ninja classes aged 3-6 and junior classes for 7-12 year olds who are taught in an interactive and fun curriculum tailored to their individual needs.
Your child will train in an optimal learning environment designed to ensure that children learn quickly and retain what they learn.
Little Ninja classes are:
- Taught in smaller groups with game based skills
- Designed to build a solid foundation and we ensure your child grasps each technique before we move on to the next concept
- Carefully designed to help develop your child’s hand-eye coordination and motor skills
Junior Karate classes are:
- Focused on nonviolent conflict resolution
- Developed to teach children to recognise and avoid lures and threats
- Designed to ensure that children are prepared – mentally and physically – to neutralise physical threats
Through our philosophy of positive reinforcement, no matter what age or level your child starts at, they will develop the security and confidence to thrive at school and in real life situations.
Kicks and punches are secondary. First comes:
- Focus and Self-discipline
- Self-Control and spatial awareness
- Respect for oneself and others
- Confidence, belief and self-esteem
- Balance and improved hand/Eye Coordination
- Increased fitness levels and endurance
- Flexibility and strength
- Teamwork and opportunities to make new friends
- Life Skills
- Determination and perseverance
- A positive attitude and spirit
Awesome Place to learn, Friendly Environment,Very hard working Teachers!!!!
Great karate classes. Awesome Staff. Very clean and well organised.
Thank you Sempai Darryl for great results at the State Titles yesterday.
Easy Access In
Cranbourne, Clyde North, Pakenham and Carrum Downs
8B Universal Way, Cranbourne West Victoria 3977
Selandra Community Hub, 7/9 Selandra Blvd Clyde North
3/ 2-4 Doherty Street,
1/71 Frankston Gardens Drive, Carrum Downs
Frequently Asked Questions
What times are the classes?
Classes run 5 days a week from 4:30pm to 8:45pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 to 12pm on Saturday. We also offer a school holiday program including beach training, parent and child training and games day
What are your class sizes?
We work to the national ratio which is 1:15. However we usually have two instructors plus junior leaders on the mat to successfully cater to the needs of the students.
Can I chop and change classes if I want to?
Yes, you can change the days you train, but children cannot interchange between classes as they are split into ages.
How much will it cost after the offer expires?
The cost depends on the membership you choose. We offer one class per week, two classes per week and an unlimited training membership. Classes can be from as little as $7 per class on our most popular membership (unlimited training).
Do you offer family discounts?
Yes we do. We offer discounts for 2nd and 3rd family members and the 4th family member trains for free
Do children have to spar?
Children are not allowed to spar until they get to yellow belt level and have trained for a minimum of 6 months. We take your safety incredibly seriously and students are required to wear full protective gear including headgear, mouth guards, hand mitts, groin guards and girls aged 12 and above will be required to wear chest guards